Undergraduate: Harvard University
Medical School: Boston University
Ophthalmology Residency: Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital
View Dr. Yanuzzi’s full academic history, professional achievements, and research accomplishments.
Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology, NYU
Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology, Columbia University
- First to use oral nonsteroidal antiinflammatory medication for the treatment of cystoid macular edema
- Developed eye drop to treat cystoid macular edema
- Pioneered use of ICG angiography for the management of retinal diseases
- Wrote and published Retina Atlas, awarded the 2010 PROSE Award for Excellence in Medical Texts and the largest selling book in the history of Saunders publishing
- Discovered new retinal diseases: polypoidal choroidal neovascularization, retinal angiomatous proliferation (type III neovascularization in agerelated macular degeneration), acute idiopathic maculopathy, focal retinal phlebitis, branch retinal vein occlusion, ampiginous relentless chorioretinitis, persistent placoid chorioretinopathy, foveal red dot syndrome
- Reported newly recognized manifestations of old diseases: central serous chorioretinopathy, atrophic tracks in the retinal pigment epithelium and avulsion of the pigment epithelial detachment; macular telangiectasia, type 2; Goldmann Favre syndrome; cuticular drusen; acute polymorphous vitelliform maculopathy; bilateral Coats’ disease
460 Park Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10022
Conveniently located in Midtown East at 57th Street and Park Avenue. Subway access at 59th/Lexington with the 4/5/6 and N/Q/R lines or at 63rd/Lexington with the F line.